Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"When I Grown Up, I Wanna Be Famous"

Well it has been a week again and it seems like every Wednesday I get on here and blog about the weekend before. I joked with my friends this weekend that I should probably rename this blog the Weekend Blogger. I know no one likes excuses but this weeks delay has been due to a combination of studying for my last final of grad school (who am I kidding, one of the only ones I even had in grad school, usually its just papers) and trying to even imagine the words and stories to even post about my amazing weekend in Blacksburg with the girls.

There are few things in life I am more passionate about than my friends and family and Hokie Football. The only thing missing out of last weekend was my family, but when you have friends that you have been through so much with like the ones I got to see last weekend, they pretty much are family. We all have our moments, we can all get on each others nerves at times, and we know that no matter how old we get some things are just never going to change, and we are ok with that! Sometimes we see each other often and sometimes we don't see each other for months at a time, but its ok because we know when we all get together it will be like it always has been. I am so grateful to have several groups of friends like this in my life, especially with the girls I met in college through Chi Omega.

Hannah, Emily, Me, Michelle, Katie


The most exciting part of the entire weekend had to be our run-ins with our "famous Hokie football players". While it may not measure up to a run-in with Lauren Conrad like one of the girls that I work with and her husband had on their recent vacation to California, it was still just as exciting for all of us. So here are a few of the important celebrity tips I took away from the weekend:

  • Never pass up an opportunity to stand on the field with all the 11 and 12 year old kids to take pictures and get autographs from the VT football players, you may just get your picture with...

Me & Bud Foster

  • If a football player that plays in the NFL comes into the restaurant where you are eating, don't hesitate to go take picture with him, he may just buy a round for your table instead of the one next to you. But if you do hesitate, just make sure you have a friend who has a great boyfriend who is willing to go tell him that his little sister is his biggest fan and would like a picture with him and you may just get one...

Me & Deangelo Hall

  • Just because that NFL player has a camera man following him around doesn't mean you want to be on the reality show.

    Hall's Camera Man for his reality show (don't worry mom, I talked to the camera man but not to the camera, so I won't be embarrassing anyone on TV)

  • If you take enough pictures of a cute football player throughout the night he may just eventually come over the table to talk to you and let you get in a picture with him, and buy the table a round...

Me & Eric Green

  • And finally, even Chris Ellis has to wait in the line at TOTS. But if you try to fight with the bouncer to let him cut in line he may just pay your cover charge for you!

The Girls with Ellis

Yes there were other exciting things about our weekend like our VT Cake and meeting EKenney's new boyfriend, but I think the "famous" football players sums up the best parts. Michelle, hope this entry lived up to your expectations!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds (and looks) like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it did! And no, you do not want to be on that famous football player's reality show! And Eric Green is still hot! (I think I've said that about five hundred times now!) And let's also not forget that it was TWO rounds! haha

    ReplyDelete