Sunday, July 5, 2009

"Salute the one's who died, the one's who gave their lives, so we don't have to sacrifice all the things we love"

Happy July 4th Weekend! Having a nice long weekend is always a treat, especially just after starting a new job. Well ok I have only worked two days so it wasn't really like I needed the long weekend, but it has been a nice way to ease back into work after a month and a half off. So far the transition to the new job is going great, I was able to get my new office set up and am slowly but surely figuring everything out. The HR lady I was scheduled to meet with on my first day was not there when I showed up to meet her, so I filled out the paper work but unfortunately have not been entered into the system yet, so I still have no email, ID (which gives me access to my new on campus apartment), or parking. So keep your fingers crossed that she is in tomorrow so I can finally get all of that set up. Timmy sent me beautiful roses on my first day and they have been a nice addition to the new office.

Some Pictures of the New Office and the Flowers Timmy Sent

I also got moved into my new on-campus apartment which is a decent space. There are a few extra things I have picked up this weekend while I have been home to add to it to help add some comfort and to avoid carrying too much back and forth each weekend other than clothes to wash. Overall I had a great first two days, met several great people who also work in the department and I think I am really going to enjoy both the people I am working with as well as the students.

Timmy and I had a pretty low key weekend. Even though we both had Friday off, I stayed in Charleston Thursday night and met up with Liz and her mother-in-law on Friday to shop and get lunch while Liz and Adam were in town. We had a great time walking through the stores and market and Mrs. Hall treated us to a great lunch at Magnolia's. I am super excited for all the great restaurants and shops in Charleston to start exploring more. Saturday Timmy and I went to the pool for a few hours and then we went to the Columbia Blowfish baseball game that night. The game was pretty uneventful for the most part, the only runs scored by both teams were in the third inning when they each got 4 giving us a tied game. Well needless to say it took until the 13th inning for the other team to finally get two more runs and then we still had to play the bottom of the inning. At this point it was already past 11 and as much as I wanted the Blowfish to win I was glad that they weren't able to get their two players on bases into home. The fireworks after the game were great and worth the wait, I always enjoy watching them at stadiums because I love the music they play with them. Even though it was midnight by the time we got home we still found time to enjoy the banana pudding Timmy made earlier in the day, all in all we really enjoyed our low key day.
Timmy & I on the 4th!
Today we had to run some errands and we did our first visit to Lowe's to check out light fixtures/fans, refrigerators, and to look at some paint samples. I am getting excited to start picking things out for our new place! Now its time to finish up laundry and to pack for another week of work in Charleston, I still don't think I am crazy about the back and forth but hopefully it will go by fast and we will be moved before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment