Thursday, June 18, 2009

"So hot outside all I can wear are these cutoff overalls and these sandals on my feet"

Well sorry it has been a long time since I have blogged, the past two weeks have been filled with a mixture of boredom which did not warrant anything to write about as well as multiple house hunting trips to Charleston and a trip back to Chester last weekend for Dale and Meredith's wedding. I am leaving home in about 10 minutes to head to the airport to fly to Ohio until next Wednesday. I will be visiting my friend Megan from grad school tonight and then will be headed to Oxford, OH to facilitate at the Beta Theta Pi Wooden Institute. This will be my second year out there for the Institute and I am really looking forward to it!

In exciting news Timmy and I found a place in Charleston! We thought we had found the perfect house and were prepared to put an offer on it last Monday and then our realtor took us to this new community called Carolina Bay to check out some of the new town homes that are being built, we fell in love and purchased one that they have just started building. We put down our down payment last night and signed our first round of contracts. The home won't be ready until the end of September but we are excited to be home owners soon and to have something brand new. There aren't really any pictures yet but you can check out the floor plan. More to come when I get back from Ohio, I am hoping to get a break from the extreme heat and humidity we have been facing here in Columbia, but am also hoping to avoid the tornado's that hit last year when I was in Oxford! I will also post some pictures from Dale & Meredith's wedding when I get back and have more time.


Timmy & I with Meredith & Dale

Me & Timmy
Some of the Chester Crew @ the Wedding

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! I'm so excited for both of you and can't wait to visit.

    ReplyDelete