Sunday, September 5, 2010

"So long sweet summer, I stumbled upon you and gratefully basked in your rays"

For our faithful followers (not sure how many of you are actually out there), I have decided to stop apologizing for the delay between my blog posts and just own the fact that our lives are busy and sometimes I just do not have the time I would like to update my blog. While the second half of our summer flew by, we were grateful to have the chance to spend some of it with friends and family both in SC, and from visits to VA and MD. I could probably write all day about the past several weeks, but decided to add some pictures of some of the things we did the second half of our summer below.

In mid-July we went home to VA for a long weekend, we got to spend time with our parents as well as go to Williamsburg for my sorority sister Emily's wedding. It was great to catch up with some of my closest friends from college as well as our friends and family at home.



As most of you know from following our blog, I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to volunteer for Beta Theta Pi Fraternity both as an advisor for their new colony at South Carolina, and to get to facilitate at some of their leadership programs. The first weekend in August I had the chance to travel to DC to attend their Convention and facilitate at their Leadership College. It was a wonderful Beta-filled weekend and I had the chance to spend some time with my dad, catch up with some of my amazing Beta friends and Friends of Beta, as well as see my friend from college Liz. I just don't think I can express enough how much my involvement with Beta means to me, I am so blessed with the people and experiences it has brought to my life, and to have such a wonderful husband who supports my involvement with the organization!






At the end of my time at Convention we were lucky that Timmy had the chance to drive up to VA from SC and then with his parents came up to MD so that we were all able to celebrate Benjamin's 1st Birthday. While it was a short visit, we were grateful to have the opportunity to celebrate this milestone with him!





Another fun thing we have had the chance to enjoy here in Charleston are a series of free concerts that the country station Timmy works for, 96.9 The Wolf, have been sponsoring at The Windjammer in Isle of Palms. You may remember from previous posts that The Windjammer is a beach bar in IOP and these concerts have been awesome live music in a fun, intimate atmosphere, and best of all we have had the chance to meet all of the artists. You all know how much we love music and for me, country music, so I have LOVED these concerts, and Timmy says there will be more in the future!

The first concert was in July with Josh Thompson.


The second was this past week and it was the Beach Ball Free For All, featuring...
Chuck Wicks

The Band Perry

and John Rich!


Summer officially came to an end for me on August 15, with the students getting back to campus and all of the fun and business that comes along with the beginning of a new school year, including recruitment and welcome week. I worked everyday (including weekends) from Sunday, Aug. 15 through yesterday, Saturday, September 4. It is probably the busiest time of year for me each year, and while it seemed long at the time I cannot believe how fast it all flew by. It has been nice to have today and tomorrow off work and Timmy and I have had a chance to spend some time together this weekend doing some fun things. I am going to save our weekend activities for another blog later this week. My favorite time of year is fall and College Football, and it is here- huge VT game tomorrow, so don't forget to tune in and cheer for the Hokies tomorrow night as they take on Bosie State! LETS GO HOKIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment