Sunday, July 11, 2010

"I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand, not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand"

The lyrics in the title of this blog post from Zac Brown Band's song Toes pretty much sums up our July 4th weekend. As you know from my last blog post I had just come off of a week in Ohio when I arrived back on Friday the 2nd after some flight issues which prevented me from getting home on Thursday as originally planned. My former co-worker and friend Heather, who you may remember from past blog posts moved back in December, was back in town for the holiday weekend and we were so excited to have here. While she was here we tried to squeeze in as much celebrating as we could, both for the holiday weekend as well as to celebrate our friends Bethany and Calvin's upcoming wedding. Friday night the girls and I from work hosted a shower for Bethany here at our house. I was still a little exhausted from my trip and was so grateful that Timmy had the house cleaned and had run some errands for me. Between his prep work and the help of all the ladies, it was a pretty stress free evening and everyone seemed to have a great time enjoying some margarita's and celebrating Bethany! Below are a few pictures from the shower.





Saturday night all of the ladies, and our accessories (as Heather likes to call our significant others) went to dinner at the Fat Hen to again celebrate Bethany and Calvin. It was a wonderful dinner and a great way to kick off our beach weekend with the whole group!



Saturday night was our first night in the beach house that we had gotten on Folly Beach. Post dinner we went back and continued visiting and catching up on the amazing screened in porch where you could see and hear the ocean across the street. The 4th consisted of sitting on the beach all day. It was lots of fun just to hang out, visit, enjoy some drinks, and get some sun (or sun burnt as most of us did). We had a cookout at the beach house that night and then walked down to the end of the beach to watch the fireworks. Folly Beach had done their show the night before so we watched the ones being shot off from downtown. While we were far away they were still pretty. It was a nice and relaxing day and we certainly never lost sight of how grateful we are to live in the USA and all of the men and women who have fought and continue fight so that we can enjoy days like we had that day on the beach!





I had taken Tuesday off work so it was nice to have Monday and Tuesday as beach days as well before heading back to work after almost two weeks of not being there. This week as a lot of catch up at work for me, but Friday Libby and I, along with two of my students, took some time to take advantage of the "Dress like a cow and get a free combo meal" from Chick-Fil-A. You can check out our picture below. You better believe that was one of the best meals ever, you can't beat free! I have entered our picture in the Chick-Fil-A photo contest and it is pending approval, once it is posted you can go online and vote for it. If we win we can win free Chick-Fil-A for a year, I figure why not try, we have nothing to lose! I will let you know when it's up so you can vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment