Thursday, May 20, 2010

"It's time to try defying gravity, I think I'll try defying gravity"

I am very lucky every now and then to have the opportunity to facilitate at different leadership programs, and those of you who follow my blog regularly know that I have done several programs for Beta Theta Pi over the past couple of years. Well last week I spent the week at Bonnie Doone Plantation in Walterboro, SC at serving as a small group facilitator for our CofC LeaderShape session. The experience was absolutely amazing! I don't know if it was the fact that we had awesome lead facilitators, a great group of cluster facilitators, amazing students, that my small group really opened up and had a great week, or the fact that I will actually have the chance to see all the students I worked with throughout the week again and follow-up with them, but something about the LeaderShape experience really impacted me more than I have been impacted at some of the other programs I have facilitated. I feel so blessed and fortunate to have the chance to work with amazing students and professionals on a daily basis and really thank God for leading me down this student affairs path, and last week was again just re-affirmation that I am really doing what I love. Below are a few pictures from the week.





I mentioned a few times on here before that Timmy and I had been visiting churches. Well I am happy to announce that this past Sunday we finally became members of Redeemer Presbyterian Church and are very excited to get to know more members and to get involved. We have been visiting the church since January and enjoy the worship services and the people we have met. We have found a small group to get involved in and are really looking forward to growing together spiritually through our involvement with the church. We never officially joined a church while we were in Columbia so we are very excited about this step in our journey together!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Good church choice. David is at the seminary for Redeemer's denomination! :-) Glad y'al are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete